Monday, November 19, 2007

One and Not So Done



One and done freshman are always a good topic for debate. Sure, you can have a Carmelo Anthony to lead you to a championship, but then you're left with a team who will win two tournament games over the next four years. Well I'm going to argue for the one and done.



  1. Carmelo led us to the NCAA Championship for the first time ever. Period. So already, I like this idea.

  2. Carmelo brings us other players. Look at Donte Greene. Carmelo influences Donte Greene, and I think the fact that Carmelo went to Syracuse had an impact on Greene being here.

  3. Donte could bring in another outstanding freshman who wants to be just like Donte Greene in a few years. If this cyclical pattern continues, eventually we get our four years out of Carmelo, they're just spread out with different stars.

  4. Carmelo made a pretty big donation for a practice facility, if I remember correctly.

  5. Melo won us the championship.


Frankly, that's all that matters for me. If you want players who will stay for years, you can have the Nichols, Watkins, and Roberts who win 2 tournament games in four years. I'll take a one and done Melo who will win 6 tournament games in one year and cut down the nets at the end.

I'm off to indulge myself in pies and turkey for the week, I'll see you back here Monday.

No comments: